Scroll through the photos here to sample life at Camp Tevya! Scroll down the page to read about our beloved Lake Potanipo and our full range of facilities.
The best way to find out about any camp is to experience it in person. Camp Tevya welcomes tours all year, plus hosts information sessions throughout the Northeast to introduce prospective families to our spirited camp family. Please click the button at left to contact the office and schedule your visit.
“They absolutely loved it and can’t wait to go back next year!”
Beloved Lake Potanipo
The view of Lake Potanipo greets us each morning at Camp Tevya, and its sunsets send us to bed with a smile on our faces. We can see the lake from our arts & crafts studio, from our fields, from many of our bunks. On its sandy beach we play volleyball and relax with friends; in its waters we swim, boat, canoe, paddle, waterski, and grow skilled and confident. Lake Potanipo brings us together, and being together on its shores draws campers and alumni alike back to camp.
Many people at Tevya like to say they “live 10 for 2,” thinking about camp all year until they can return for the two months of July and August. Please enjoy a blog post on living “Ten Months for Two” by Camp Director Mindee Meltzer, who counts herself one of these people.
- 600-acre, New England-style campus, shaded by tall pines
- Cabins have electricity and bathrooms with hot water and showers
- Health Center staffed 24 hours/day by licensed nurses
- Kosher dining hall
- Large beach on beautiful Lake Potanipo, equipped with canoes, kayaks, sailboats, motorboats and volleyball
- Beautiful, airy community building for Shabbat services and other gatherings
- Gymnasium/Performance center
- Fitness center with weight room and barre
- Tennis courts
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Gaga pit
- Athletic fields
- Photography darkroom
- Videography equipment
- Arts studio for ceramics, painting, jewelry-making, fun with fabric and crafts
- Farmyard of rabbits, chickens and ducks
- Various other buildings for indoor activities
Tevya is a special place. It is so warm, inviting and safe for my children.”